Saturday, April 16, 2011

Art: Hands on New York Day 2011

Today was Hands on New York Day, a Saturday where thousands of volunteers spend their day cleaning the city at various parks, schools, and other public spaces. I signed up to be a mural artist at a public school in Hell's Kitchen in Manhattan. I had to meet with a teacher from the school and view the wall, then have my sketches approved. My assignment was to create 7 sports figures to cover the wall and portray "sports in action." Today, a group of volunteers and I primed the wall, I sketched out the figures in chalk, then volunteers painted the figures. I finished up doing the outlining and detail work. It was a long, but very rewarding day, and I am pretty happy with the final result.






The finished product. By the end of the day it was raining!







1 comment:

  1. Meghan! I'm proud of you both as ans artist and as a person!

    ReplyDelete