Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Art: My Favorites of the MoMA

So Sunday I went to the Museum of Modern Art, with just one blog goal: take a picture of Hedda Sterne's New York VIII. However, my camera just started clicking, and I found myself taking a personal "greatest MoMA hits" slideshow. I prefer paintings most, and I'm most drawn to color and balance. I'm usually quite opinionated and sure about why I like art, but for some paintings, I don't know why. In the captions, I'll say why I like these paintings so much.

Hedda Sterne - New York VIII. In my top 3 of all time.




Don't know why I love you, but I do.

Yes, it's famous. Yes, it's like 4" big. But the way those colors melt is beautiful!

It's just white, why do I like it so much??

Not sure why I like it.



Well the technique is impressive, and I love the beach, so there you go.

Nice colors too. It really conveys the hazy summer mood.

I love how the colors melt. It really grabs your eye in the room too.

Another Rousseau with great colors and hidden animals.

I like the geometry and colors.

All about the colors.

Not sure why.

Still not sure.

I like these colors.

I always liked the look of cartoons and black outlining. These are great colors too.

Kandinsky

Kandinsky

Kandinsky

Kandinsky


I liked her for some reason. Also the colors.

I like the mood and that red dot.

Ah, geometry and primary colors.

Geometry.

Geometry and the colors.

So architectural.

No comments:

Post a Comment